Saturday, 26 October 2013

Round 2

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the late post.. My second round of chemo was delayed by a week due to the fact that I got a double ear infection and was basically bedridden for 2 weeks. It finally cleared up but I was feeling a little bit low still but decided to push on and get it done.  The faster I do it the faster it's over is my thought process.. My blood counts were also in the unsafe range to do chemo that week. The second round went as smoothly as it could as go.. Saw Dr. Nicholas on the 15th of October and we also decided that we would do Neupogen injections again this round.. They help your body create white blood cells (necessary to fight infection) that the chemo is destroying. I forgot the joint and muscle pain that was associated with the injections but I am staying positive that they will help me stay out of infection range and keep me at home with my babies instead of hospitalized. Chemotherapy ran every day from the 16th of October to the 20th.

The post-chemo scans are starting to be scheduled slowly. Toronto want a CT scan, an MRI and an MIBG scan. The CT Scan is scheduled for Nov 21st, the MRI for November 27th and the MIBG is pending scheduling because they need a 24 hour urine test done before which I will do sometime this week. The MIBG is the longest of the scans as you have to go in multiple days.. Day 1 you get some sort of radio-active injection which you need to get special meds to help counteract the affects of it as well. Day 2 and 3 and sometimes 4 are 2 hour scans.

I have been hooked up to home hydration since Saturday and it seems to be helping as I go out almost every night for a short walk with the girls.. Most of the time I don't really want to go, but the girls really enjoy the walk and beg for it. My blood pressure has been running very low and the hydration helps to stabilize it to an acceptable number. It was at it's lowest Friday morning hitting an all time low for me of 79/38. I could barely sit up with out getting dizzy let alone stand up so I spent most of that day in bed. I have 3 more days left of hydration and then hoping my body will recover on its own from then.

Next doctors visit is November 4th with Chemo running for Nov 6th-Nov 10th pending blood counts are safe for next round.

Thank you everyone for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.. Hugs and love to you all..

P.S. the 2 year anniversary mark of diagnosis is fast approaching (Nov 24th) :( I was hoping last year at this date that I could say I was cancer-free, but other things were planned for me and now I have a beautiful son to show for it.

1 comment:

Hedy King said...

As if you needed anything else! Glad you are recovering from that round. The fluids work miracles to restore your energy, keep them up. It is good to hear from you, hope little Liam and the girls are doing well. Take good care of yourself, I hope you have lots of family and friends looking in on you, too. Rest and get ready for the next adventure, Priscilla. You are a strong woman. Hedy