Tuesday 7 February 2012

Treatment delayed..........

What an eventful day..... I have to re-do the 24 hour urine test because they gave me the wrong jug the first time..... This one has hydrochloric acid in it so I have to restart the test.. I went to pick up the jug from the cancer centre during Will's lunch hour so he could drive me. With all the stress I've been feeling lately I don't know why but I got really nauseous and Will had to pull over to the side of the road and I got sick:(  UGH... Then when I got home, the WeCare nurse came today to take off my bandage on the port-o-cath and flush the line. No more big bulky bandage and no more cords and wires sticking out....YAY!

Went to the dentist's yesterday. Looks like there was 6 teeth that may cause infections during chemo. She said she may have to pull all 6 :( ARGH! I was crying all night. 4 of them are my front teeth that got damaged when I was pregnant with Kyra. Problem is I have a huge fear of the dentist and shake just heading over to see one. But chemo doctor said I needed a check up before I started chemo so I worked up the nerve to go.. Hubby had to be there the whole time or I may have bolted. Dentist spoke to chemo doctor today to see what could be done so I am scheduled to go in for a consultation tomorrow with the dentist and see what can be done. Hopefully they can fix them instead of pulling them all out.....


After all this, Dr. Nicholas's nurse called me to let me know that the dentist would be in touch with me to get some dental work done. She also let me know that they are delaying my chemo start date because they haven't gotten all the test results back and they need them before they start treatment, so I let her know that I haven't even gotten a call for the bone marrow biopsy yet and she sounded pretty pissed and said she would get on it right away.. Also the MIBG scan is scheduled but it's for the end of the month. She said that was fine and that she would let me know about bone marrow biopsy. So it looks like it's not a Valentine's Day start date anymore. I'm kind of upset because the longer it takes, the longer I have to wait for surgery.... and the longer I have to wait for surgery, the longer I am not at work... and the longer I am not at work, the longer without income.......


I am scheduled to see Dr. Nguyen my dentist tomorrow morning at 9:55 am to talk about what work will be done.. Hopefully it isn't killer expensive.... It cost $190 yesterday just for a few x-rays and a consultation. At 2 pm I am scheduled to get a phone call from a social worker from the hospital to talk about income management and possibly day care help etc etc. Also I see Dr. Nicholas on Feb 13th for a quick visit. We will go from there I guess.. Till then.. Back to the lovely waiting game that is part of being a cancer patient..

Trying to keep positive
Priscilla



No comments: